Refaquing Cream is a product Containing Corticosteroids, tretinoin, and bleaching agent, it is not indicated for melasma treatment. Following the achievement result of treatment, it may be continued with another treatment as the replacement of Refaquin cream, since melasma may recurrent after Refaquin discontinuation. Avoid sun exposure, apply sunscreen with SPF 30 or ulore, wear umbrella, hat, and do not consume hormonal family planning pill, in case of so consume.
- Refaquin cream contains sodium metabisulfite, where sulfite causes allergic reaction, such as anaphylactic symptoms and life-threatening asthmatic on sensitive patient.
- Refaquin cream contains hydroquinone to cause exogenous ochronosis, namely gradual skin darkening and immediately stop the therapy. This generally happened on black people, but may also appear on Caucasians and Hispanics.
- Non observed security and efficacy of this product to patient with V and VI type skins.
- Unspecified security on pregnant and lactating mother.
- Avoid sunray or ultraviolet light exposure. Continuously exposed patient to Sunray or irritant agent at work, or because of habit should be more careful, when administered with this product. Apply su NSCreel and wear protection (hat, for example) on the administered area. Sunscreen application is the important aspect in melasma treatment as the minimum sunray exposure will inhibit melanocytic activity.
- Extreme weather, such as excessive hot or cold, may irritate patient applying this product. Apply moisturizer in the morning following the cleansed face, as this product effect may dry skin.
Avoid Refaquin cream application on eyes, nose, or mouth corners, as mucous layers on that area are more sensitive. Stop application in case of local irritation or get worse, and immediately consult your physician. Special treatment is required for allergic contact dermatitis, blistering crusting severe burning and irritation at mucous membranes, such as eyes, nose and mouth.
- Carcinogenicity, mutagenicity and infertility:
- Some researches applying hydroquinone to animal present the effect of Carcinogenicity, but unknown potency for human being.
- Research to hairless albino mice indicates that tretinoin usage having the potency to cause tumor.
- Mutagenic research did not combine this active substance. The published research result presents that hydroquinone is mutagenic and clastogenic.
- PRECNANCY: TERATOGENICEFFECT
- Refaquin Cream contains teratogenic tretirloin and may cause fetal death, growth disorder, fetal defect, and neurologic deficits potency. No appropriate research on pregnant woman. Only apply Refaquin cream during pregnancy period, if it has bigger benefit than fetal death risk.
- SIDE EFFECTS
- Local irritation, including dryness, redness, burn Sensation, peeling skin. Stop the treatment in case of hypersensitive reaction / chemical irritation.
- PRODUCT INTERACTION
- With abrasive soap/cleanser, dryness Cosmetics, containing high alcohol and astringent.
- Cosmetic to cause photosensitizing.